I’m a big fan of the chocolate+salt combination (think Ina Garten’s Outrageous Brownies). I am an even bigger fan of Nutella (one of the best inventions ever). In these perfect little cookies, the beloved chocolatey, creamy, hazelnut spread is balanced with the savory, coarse sea salt — a match made in heaven.
With Love, Erica
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup Nutella
1/3 cup milk
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl or a standing mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and Nutella to the sugar-butter mixture.
- In 2 additions (beginning and ending with the dry ingredients) add the milk and dry ingredients.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about 30 min.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slightly press down each of the balls and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack, and enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk. 🙂