The Cheesecake Factory’s menu is like a mini-novel, and sometimes it can be overwhelming to choose from their seemingly never-ending list of cheesecakes. Although I will sometimes venture out and try out new flavors, I always seem to go back to the Oreo cheesecake. You just can’t go wrong with it. The simple combination of crunchy Oreo cookies against the sweet, cream cheese goodness is unbeatable. Alas, cheesecake is a time-consuming and not very portable dessert, i.e. not good for bake sales or sharing. But what if I told you you could create this decadent treat in the form of a cookie. Enticed yet? These soft, chewy cookies taste just like cheesecake and are rolled in Oreo crumbs. A cookie rolled in cookies. What’s not to love?
With love, Erica
|Fresh from the oven.|
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
4. Place the Oreo cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop the cookies into about 1½ to 2″ balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
5. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
(Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker)