- We went down to the Tiber river -- it's beautiful at night! It's all lit up with fairy lights and arcade games. We sat under one of these big, white tents and ate cake. Life is good.
- Today we walked to the Spanish Steps. Literally fashion paradise. I bought a big, straw tote bag and tied a fun, silk scarf to it to carry all my dictionaries and phrase books in.
- I was killing it today in Italian class, we learned about foods and asked us to call out names of foods we knew how to say. Farina, zucchero, cannella, arancia, uova, crema fresca, (grazie Cavoletto di Bruxelles, you taught me everything I needed to know). #nailedit.
- I just got my learner's permit before I got here -- but Mom, I don't want to drive a car, I wanna drive a Vespa. :)
|my new wheels|
- Today, we went to a private museum collection and saw paintings by Rafael, Velasquez, and Caravaggio. The difference between seeing the real thing and a reproduction is insane -- some of these paintings look like they're literally breathing. (although maybe that was my cappuccino high...)
- Gelato everywhere. Some of my favorites so far are stracciatella, melone, and of course, Nutella. Today I had a conversation with my Instagram friend Chiara about our favorite gelato flavors.
- This morning, I had three cappuccinos. No big deal. One at Sant'Eustachio, one at La Casa del Cafe, and one at the school dormitory in a plastic cup! Talk about a coffee buzz. Insanity. We went to the gallery right after and I was literally bouncing off the walls (totally inappropriate). My favorite place was Sant'Eustachio. They put a little sugar on the spoon -- yum.
- We went down to the Tiber and had fries and chocolate cake by the river side. Always a good, square meal ;).
|classy white tents on the tiver|
- One word. Foccacia. Oh my god -- I have a new favorite food. Bubbly, crispy, topped with rich olive oil, basil and tomato.
- Also, pizza bianca. Cheese + Bread = simple perfection.
|massive pizza bubble|
© Cannella Vita. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission/linking back to Cannella Vita. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.