|a magical berry cobbler i clipped from Living|
"Ohhhhh I'll make that, and this, oh, and that, and YUM that too, and that would go perfectly with mom's broiled salmon..."
But in reality, I end up going on Pinterest and printing out most of the recipes I make.
This was largely because whenever I tore out a recipe from a magazine, or snagged a take-out menu from a restaurant, it would end up in a big, expandable folder -- never to be seen again.
Yesterday, I took on the task of organizing my daunting pile of recipe clippings, and it turned out to be fun. No, really. I used some of the techniques that I learned at an Art Journaling Workshop about a month ago.
Think more "arts-and-crafts" rather than "organization."
|healthy snacks and dips|
- A large notebook (I used a graphing notebook leftover from my trigonometry class this year)
- A pile of magazine clippings or scans of cookbooks
- some magazines or odds-and-ends to decorate with
- tape or glue
- Gather together all of your recipe clippings, as well as some old, pretty magazines to use for decoration. I also photocopied some recipes that I have wanted to try from some of my cookbooks.
- Sort the recipes into categories such as "tacos" or "healthy snacks"
- Start pasting/taping away! There is no wrong way to do this :)
|i have a page devoted entirely to tacos|