Zucchini bread makes the perfect cloudy day treat. I like to toast slices of this fragrant quick bread and spread with a little bit of cream cheese.
I have seen variations such as banana zucchini bread and lemon zucchini bread -- have any of you tried those?
Winning Zucchini Breadingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil (or peanut)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%, but full fat would be ideal)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (or regular milk with a splash of vinegar)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (for those of you who like chocolate)
- OR 2/3 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- OR you could do 1/3 cup chocolate chips, 1/3 cup nuts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; beat in yogurt, buttermilk, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Combine well. Stir in grated zucchini and chopped chocolate.
- Fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into 6 muffin cups (or mini loaf pan) and pour the rest into the 9×4 loaf pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in the pan. Loosen the sides and remove from pan. Cool loaf completely before cutting.