This recipe is so simple, yet so perfect in every way. All you need to prepare this heavenly dish is a box of pasta, some lemons, and a few handfuls of fresh herbs. The butter melts onto the noodles perfectly, and the lemon and fresh herbs give it that extra special zing. You can use any type of long pasta noodle to make this dish -- I decided to make it extra lemon-y with Trader Joe's lemon pepper infused pappardelle pasta, but any variety will do. It's easy to make a meal out of this dish with a nice piece of grilled fish (I love the succulent combination of fish and citrus), or some sauteed mushrooms and onions to add a little bit of earthy meatiness. This pasta is a sure crowd-pleaser, perfect for kids and grown-ups alike. My dad even deemed this his favorite pasta dish ever. Sometimes the simplest things really are the best.
|Trader Joe's lemon pepper pappardelle makes this even more lemon-y!|
|Succulent lemons and fresh herbs on my cutting board.|
- 1 package pappardelle pasta (I used Trader Joe's Lemon Pepper Pappardelle)
- 1 cup basil leaves
- a few sprigs of thyme
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tablepoons olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter (I use Balade light butter)
- ground sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Boil a pot of water and cook pasta according to package directions
- Chop up the herbs.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and toss in the herbs, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.