|Such a luxurious breakfast!|
With love, Erica
|An assortment of rolls and croissants|
|Look at those zebra stripes!|
Bread Machine Pan Suave
Adapted from Cuban Pan Suave
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100-110 degrees F)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus a little more for egg glaze
- 4 to 5 cups bread or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (I used poppy seeds)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Cocoa Block :
Adapted from Last but not Furno
1 egg white (keep the yolk for an egg wash later)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (4 fl oz) milk
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon butter
- Add the ingredients for the pan suave in the order directed by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle.
- Prepare the Cocoa Block: In a bowl put the egg white with the sugar and flour and stir to obtain a smooth and creamy consistency . Pour the milk in a saucepan and bring to boil, add the cocoa and stir quickly. Add the egg white mixture and stir and cook until thick.
- Quickly add the butter and stir. Let cool at room temperature.
- Put the cocoa mixture between two sheets of plastic film and press to form a square (you can use a rolling pin) and then put it into the fridge.
- Once the dough cycle is done, deflate the dough and roll it out in a rectangle on a floured surface. Place the cocoa block into the center and fold into Thirds, starting with the top third then fold the bottom third of the rectangle up over the dough. Rotate it 90 degree (That I know the narrow end faces you, keeping the seam on your right) and roll out again (1-2-3-4). Fold the dough I know That the two short edges meet in the center and then fold the dough in half, like a book. Rotate it 90 degrees (you have four layers and the the seam is on your right). Roll out the dough again (5-6-7-8). (See Diagram)
- Cut the dough into 1/2in strips and roll to form the rolls or cut into triangles and shape into croissants (9-10).
- Put Them on a baking sheet and the rise for about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown