Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Inspired by Sprinkled with Flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
5 tbsp butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla and egg. Add the buttermilk, then the flour. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for two minutes. Roll the dough into a 12-inch by 24-inch rectangle.
- Spread with butter, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Roll the dough into a log beginning with the wide side. Stretch the log slightly as you roll to keep it tightly rolled.
- Cut the log into 12 even pieces
- Place the rolls swirly side up in a greased muffin pan
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the muffins to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove them from pans to a cooling rack. Combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over the top